NICE means National Institute of Health and Clinical Excellence, well that was for the benefit of those who are new to MRCOG.
In one of my earlier post, I talked about an easier approach to NICE guidelines.
Now here are some of the recommendations of NICE topics you should focus on.
(click on the topics that you would like to read)
- Antenatal care for uncomplicated pregnancies – flow chart
- Intrapartum care for healthy women and babies
- Inducing labour (CG70)
- Caesarean section (CG132)
- Preterm labour and birth (NG25)
- Post natal care
- Antenatal and Post natal mental health–
- Multiple pregnancy
- DM in Pregnancy – Resource 1, Resource 2
- Hypertension in pregnancy
- Rhesus Anti D prophylaxis
- Electronic Fetal Monitoring- CTG (found within Intrapartum care)
- Ectopic pregnancy and miscarriage: diagnosis and initial management
- Heavy Menstrual Bleeding
- Uro Gynaecology – urinary incontinence
- Ovarian Cancer- quick reference guide
- National Institute for Health and Care Excellence. Long-acting Reversible Contraception. CG30. NICE; 2014
I will update the list further when I’m able to recall more, so bookmark this page and revisit this page every now and then…